People Matter. Our relationships with our clients, our team, our community and our world reflect our commitment to taking into account the effects of our actions on the whole person and the recognition that common threads bind us all.
Expertise Matters. Our expertise and experience are vital to our clients’ and our success. We endeavor to be an accessible and firm authority in our areas of expertise. We deliver a wealth of knowledge in a deliberately-paced, understandable way that is synonymous with quality.
Stories Matter. Stories are how we relate to ourselves, to each other, and to the broader world around us. Even the simplest story can have deep meaning and value to both the listener and the storyteller. We listen, even for what is not said. We are prepared to tell our story and help our clients tell theirs.
Our mission is to prompt people's confident and conscious engagement in their financial lives. We guide decision-making that is sustainable for our clients, our team, and our community.
North Berkeley Investment Partners will be a recognized and trusted resource for its clients, team, community and industry. We will be:
- A dynamic and growing firm that delivers the most appropriate and highest quality service for each client.
- A catalyst for the future generation of financial planners and investors who share our values.
- An expert of social, economic, and environmental sustainability in the areas of business practices, financial choices, and investing.
We spend time focused on creating clarity in communication, both with our clients and with each other. We developed a set of four questions to act as "communications cornerstones" that, when easily answered, can contribute to more satisfying and effective interactions:
- Do you understand what is going on and what is going to happen next?
- Do you feel taken care of?
- Do you feel that you are important?
- Do you feel your concerns are being given the proper importance?
We use our values, mission, vision and communications cornerstones daily to shape how we work for and with our clients and others in our community.